Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tastefully Tuesday...

The fourth of July is comming up fast and I thought I would give you a fun idea I have used in the past for a great red white and blue pizza dessert.  Its really simple and you can make the "dough" portion ahead of time and keep it refrigerated, then you can do the rest right before you serve.  I always get ohhhs and awwwws over this simple treat.

Fruit Flag pizza

1 (17 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon extract (almond, lemon or orange work great)
3 cups fruit; blue berries and strawberries and/or raspberries
1/2 cup orange marmalade

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Roll out cookie dough in a rectangle the thickness of pizza dough and the size of a baking sheet.  Bake for 8 to 15 minutes or until firm, allow the dough to cool completely.

Mix together cream cheese and extract of your choice. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie dough crust.  Arrange your fruit in the shape of the flag, using the strawberries/raspberries for the stripes and the blueberries for the star background.  When the fruit is arranged the way you like slightly warm marmalade and brush it over the fruit to help hold it in place.  Serve immediately.


Today's no cook idea is from Marie Callender’s.  You can bring your kids in on Tuesday's and Saturday's for a free meal.  Kids 12 years old and younger. You get one child's meal with each adult meal ordered and doesn't include the tax or gratuity.  Served with your choice of any slice of pie (excludes cheesecakes, seasonal fresh fruit pies and promotional pies).  Be sure to mention the promotion, sometimes the discount is not automatic.

I hope you are all having a great week.

C.Q.



2 comments:

  1. I've always thought that cakes like that would be so cool. Very festive for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally wish I had seen this today!! I would have made it in a second for my party! Oh well - I can try it tomorrow when I get all my leftovers together!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.