Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday's freebie...

I love to read and when you can do something you love for free that's an added bonus.  Today I have two great freebies. The first is the Kindle version of A Stingray Bit My Nipple!: True Stories from Real Travelers and it is available for download to your Kindle or iPad app for free.  This book is put out by the editor of Budget Travel Magazine and is a look at readers stories of the weird and funny things that have happened while on vacation.  It also has photographs that readers have sent in as proof that going on vacation really can be stranger than fiction.

The next book is by one of my favorite authors, Jess Lourey.  You may recognize the name from the post I did for her new book last Sunday.  Because her series is called the Murder-by-Month Mystery series Barnes and Noble has made her book June Bug as one of the free Nook download books for the month of June.  "Local legend claims that a diamond necklace was lost nearly a century ago in nearby Whiskey Lake, not far from the present-day Shangri-La resort. Mira, a part-time reporter, goes fishing for the story behind the legend. Diving into the lake only gets her into a terrifying tango with a waterlogged corpse. And so begins the treasure hunt. Buoyed by frozen Nut Goodies and a diminutive circus performer, Mira embarks on an exhilarating search for the jewels that puts her face-to-face with menacing forces that threaten to tear the small town apart."

Today is also the last day to get in on the Swap: think about where you live and with a budget of at least $10 purchase something that represents where you are, package it up with a postcard from your city or state and mail it off to a person that I pair you up with.  It should be a lot of fun!

Have a great day everyone!

C.Q.





A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the Friday blog hops. I was thinking of checking out another one or two. (as if I need more to read but I can't resist finding new blogs!) Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower!! Im so excited to be following this blog, what a great idea!!

    Follow back at bookbitereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    Rebecca @ the new kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stingray book is a hoot! I finished it in a day and laughed all the way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the list of hops, I will bookmark them for next week!

    Anyways, I am a new follower! Feel free to stop by my blog or visit me on my new community for bloggers, it's a great way to connect with other bloggers: http://www.blogaholicnetwork.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Freebies so I know I will love your blog!
    I'm a new follower from the over 40 hop! Hope you can hop over to my blog too! I have some great giveaways also!

    Have a great weekend!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.