Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tastefully Tuesday...




I love Southern cooking and one of my all time favorites is Chicken Fried Chicken.  I found a great recipe at AllRecipes that is super easy.




Chicken Fried Chicken

30 saltine crackers
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons dry potato flakes
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Place crackers in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers until they are coarse crumbs. Add flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper to bag and mix well.  Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg, then place in bag with crumb mixture, seal bag and shake to coat. Reduce heat to medium and cook coated chicken in skillet for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear.

$1.00 off any one Arrowhead Mills Product including flour
$0.75 off any three Idahoan Potatoes (the print coupon button is at the top of the page)
$1.00 off one Zoye 100% Soybean Oil
$1.00 off any one Pilgrim's Pride chicken

Today's no cook idea is from Cici's.  Today is the last day to print and use the kids eat free coupon and is good with the purchase of one adult Buffet.

Hope you are all having a great week!

C.Q




5 comments:

  1. Yummy! You have me ready for lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potato flakes? Now isn't that interesting? I may have to try this. I suck at frying chicken. So perhaps Roy will have to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Im your newest follower (on twitter too)stop by sometime :)
    Sabrina
    http://sabrinassillys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Great blog! That Chicken sure looks yummy! Came over from Monday Mingle Blog Hop, and I am your newest Google Friend follower!! I Would love for you to come visit me over at www.clingtowhatisgood.com Have a super day! Sara :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.