Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday's learn and earn...

~WORD OF THE DAY~

aureate \OR-ee-ut\ ~ adjective

DEFINITION(s):

1: of a golden color or brilliance

2: marked by grandiloquent and rhetorical style

EXAMPLES: Matthew tried to get into the novel that Stephanie had recommended, but he found reading the author's aureate prose too much of a slog.

"Still low over the flatland east, the sun threw long aureate light across the field." -- From Jeffrey Stepakoff's 2010 novel Fireworks Over Toccoa

DID YOU KNOW? "Aureate" is among several adjectives in English pertaining to gold that derive from the Latin name for the metal, "aurum." While its relatives "auriferous" and "auric" are more likely to appear in scientific contexts to describe substances containing or made from gold (or "Au," to use its chemical symbol), "aureate" has tended to have a more literary allure since it was first used in English in the early 15th century. Over time, the word's use was extended from "golden" to "resplendent," and it finally lost some of its luster as it came to mean "grandiloquent."

~THE REBATE~

What to do on a rainy Spring day, hummm.  How about catching a movie complements of Kellogg's?  To receive your movie ticket just send your completed Official Order Form and five Movie Pass Official Tokens from specially-marked packages (most of the cookies and crackers have the offer on them).  Allow 90 days for delivery.  There is a limit of 3 movie passes per household. Limit one Official Order Form per envelope. One Movie Ticket good for one admission at participating theaters.

Hope you are all having a nice Wednesday!

C.Q.





5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just came in here drawn by your blog's name and I'm glad i did. I am now following you thanks to Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
    Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an alliteration of a's! *lol*
    Nice find with the movie tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movies are perfect for rainy days! It's been a miserably rainy and windy day today and all I plan to do for the rest of the day is sew and watch movies. I would love to give you a vegan recipe! I think I have the perfect one that I made the other day. I'll email it to you and see what you think! Have a good rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've realized that I do not have your email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you from the Welcome Wednesday. When you get a chance please follow me back. Thanks!
    Also following on twitter FuegitaBonita

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.