Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday's learn and earn...

~WORD OF THE DAY~

gambol  \GAM-bul\  ~ verb

DEFINITION: to skip about in play : frisk, frolic

EXAMPLES: The children scamper and gambol about the playground with seemingly endless energy.

"Strong binoculars … allow patrons to spy on the sea otters, pelicans, cormorants and other creatures that gambol among the bay kelp." -- From an article by Peter Magnani in the San Jose Mercury News, October 10, 2011

DID YOU KNOW?   In Middle French, the noun "gambade" referred to the frisky spring of a jumping horse. In the early 1500s, the English word "gambol" romped into print as both a verb and a noun. (The noun means "a skipping or leaping about in play.") The English word is not restricted to horses, but rather can be used of any frolicsome creature. It is a word that suggests levity and spontaneity, and it tends to be used especially of the lively activity of children or animals engaged in active play.

 
~THE DEAL~ (I know this is usually a rebate, but this is HUGE!)

Today only Newport News is having their huge outerwear sale, 75% off!!!  The 75% off items go fast so be sure to check it out right away.  The price sale price you see will be marked down the additional 75% when you go to check out, no coupon needed, giving you a price you will be thrilled with. There are still at least a couple more months of Winter and this is a fantastic deal, if you need a coat today is the day.

Have a great Wednesday!

C.Q.
Random Deals

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I'll be able to greatly impress my husband tonight using my new words!

    Thanks for dropping by Momfever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I got your comment that my button was working on your site. I have the right click disabled so you have to highlight the text and then press control + C to copy it. Anyway, I copied it for you but blogger won't let me add html in your comments. If you want to add it to your sidebar and can't get the code to work with highlighting and then using the control + C let me know and I can email the code to you.

    Thanks so much for visiting me! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you from the Whimsical Wed. Hop and I am your newest follower! Please stop by my blog if you get a chance! http://tipsfromamomof3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I am a avid reader I am actually familiar with the word.
    Following via Welcome Wednesday. I am your newest GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.