Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday's media madness...

I love to find fellow bloggers who do amazing things!  I was blog hopping a couple of days ago and found BLYRO Books.  The author wrote the children's book Over and Under for her own daughter when she found that reading to her "precious restless toddler" was a challenge with most children's books.  The words on the pages were too long or there were simply too many of them.  The book is beautiful, the background and pictures will encourage your youngster to read along, this will help develop reading skills that will help them through their entire life.  She even made sure the type font she used would no cause confusion in young readers, like the way a "g" in type is different from the way we print it.  I am a huge advocate of reading and was thrilled to find this book for children so young, it is aimed at the 0 - 5 age range.  I am not a parent myself so when my friends and family have children I have a hard time knowing what books are best for the younger age range, this fits the bill.  As an even better bonus BLYRO is donating copies of her books to low income families, funded by sales of the book and her beautiful bookmarks.  I think that is awesome and encourage anyone who is looking for a great gift for a youngster on your holiday list to check out this gorgeous book.

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone!

C.Q.


The Blog Entourage

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.