Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tastefully Tueday...

Last year I shared my pumpkin pie recipe for our family's traditional Thanksgiving, this year I thought I would share a very old recipe that my mom made since I was a little girl.  It came in a 1950s salad cook book that I still have, and let me tell you there are some very strange things in there, but this one is a gem.  Everyone seems love it, it was dads favorite, now my hubby and Niece ask for it each year. 

Rosy Fruit-cocktail salad ~

2 3oz packages of cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup heavy cream - whipped
3.5 oz fruit cocktail well drained
1/4 cup maraschino cherries quartered
2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice for color and flavor

Soften the cream cheese and blend with mayonnaise. Fold in the remaining ingredients.

Pour the salad mixture into a shallow round container or onto a baking sheet with a lip and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. To serve let it stand for a few minutes, then remove from container, if you need to you can set the bottom of the container in warm water to loosen it up. If you use a baking sheet cut into triangles and use a spatula to lift out of the pan.

Coupons:
Save $0.50 off 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheeses at Target
Save $1.00 off any two Hood Cream Products


Today's no cook option comes from Boston Market, print off the $3.00 coupon and bring it in with you.  When you order $15.00 worth of food they will give you the $3.00 off until November 29th.  The fine print: "Good at participating Boston Market® restaurants only. Present coupon when ordering. Not valid with any other coupon or special or reduced price offer including the $7.99 1/2 Chicken Meal or $4.99 and $5.99 1/4 Dark Meal offers. Not redeemable for cash or gift card purchase. Not applicable for heat and serve banquets, catering orders, or grocery items. Applicable taxes paid by bearer."

Hope everyone is having a nice week so far.

C.Q.

Photobucket
Magical Mouse Schoolhouse

1 comment:

  1. I remember eating something very similar to this at church potlucks and family reunions when I was a tiny child. It was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.