Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday's media madness...

My friend Bernie over at One Mixed Bag makes cards, something crafty she swore she would never do, proving the old adage, "never say never".  Her cards are so pretty and I love them but I am a scrapper, something our friend Jen got me into a couple of years ago, bless her heart.  (Yup, that's sarcasm)  Well, now Bernie has started making Artist Trading Cards that she wants to trade with folks, but she was wondering who of her readers would want to trade with her so silly me piped up and said "why of course, I will make some to trade!"  Guess what....they are addicting little things to make!!!  Being a scrapper I found a picture of the three of us to use in the one I like the best, but I have a Spring one with rain on it, a card with a bird and an egg with lace edges, one of the area where I live and a few others done, but I also have about 4 in the making.  Bless Bernie's heart for getting me started on this. 

I found a great book for inspiration at Deep Discount called Trading Cards Techniques & ATCS, its got 44 different projects that will help motivate my creativity all for only $7.19 with free shipping. 

Another great book is the Artist Trading Cards Workshop which is an introduction to trading cards and shows a wide array of of media and techniques--including stamping, collage, painting, metal working, and more, this one I was able to find new at North Light Shop for $10.00 plus the shipping and tax of $3.04 for a total of $13.04.  They offer free shipping on all orders over $25.00.

So this got me wondering, what are your hobbies and how did you get started with them?  Hope you are all having a nice relaxing Sunday.

C.Q.






Sunday Blog Hop Shibley Smiles

Photobucket

The Blog Entourage

3 comments:

  1. Before I was a mommy my hobbies included reading and scrapbooking. I always had time to pursue those activities....now I am a mommy am I supposed to have hobbies? Some day soon in the future I am sure.

    Stopping in from a blog hop. Would love for you to stop by. Have a relaxing Sunday.

    http://giveawayblogdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love to scrap but just don't have the time for it anymore. Thanks for linking up at Relax and Surf

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Bless Bernie's heart for getting me started on this."
    Is it just me hearing the sarcasm dripping from your voice when you posted this?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.