Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday's value meal



SMOKED SAUSAGE WITH RED BEANS AND RICE

1 lb. pkg. smoked sausage, cut in chunks
1 med. sized onion
1 med. sized green pepper
1 stalk of celery
1 lb. pkg. dried red kidney beans
2 c. uncooked rice
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Directions:

In a 2-quart saucepan, add 1 1/2 quart of water, add beans, onions, celery, and green pepper. Let this mixture simmer for two (2) hours or until beans are just about done (beans should be soft but not mushy). Add smoked sausage and seasonings. Continue to simmer for another 1/2 hour or so. After you have added the sausage and seasonings, you may want to start to prepare the rice. Follow the directions on preparation on the side or back panel of box (rice box). If you use regular rice not (UNCLE BEN'S®) after the rice has cooked, pour the rice into a colander and rinse with cold water. Add about 2 cups of water in the pot you cooked the rice in. Place colander over the water. Bring water to a boil; this allows the rice to steam. Serve beans and sausage over rice. Traditionally served with cornbread but you can serve with whatever you like.

---Main Dish---


$0.75 off any two (2) Uncle Bens products of your choice

---Salad---


50¢ off one (1) Newman's Own® Salad Dressing, Pasta Sauce or Salsa

---Bread---


---Desert---
$0.50 off any LUIGI’S® Real Italian Ice

I apologize for the lateness of today's blog, I am trying to get my house in order and the vegetables planted before I leave for vacation and I have a VERY busy week before I leave. I hope everyone has had a great Monday.

C.Q.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.