Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two new awards...

Today is my Birthday and I was trying to figure out if I was even going to do a post today or just be lazy, then I got a very sweet post from Beth Ann over at Its Just Life that she was awarding me two new awards.  *insert girly squeal here* FUN!  So here we go...


Kreativ Blogger Award Rules:

1. Link back to the one who gave you this award
2. Share 10 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 6 other people
4. Follow the persons blog who sent you it.

My 10 facts:

1) I recently started a blog hop and am really surprised at how fun it is to meet a new blogger each week.
2) I can trace my family tree back to Cork Ireland and visiting is on my bucket list.
3) My dream would be to live in Chicago, but its not gonna happen since hubby is a country boy and I don't want to have to keep him medicated ;-)
4) My dream job would be to own a small boutique hotel
5) My dad was a professional football player in the Pacific League; back when they wore leather helmets.
6) My favorite place to eat in the world is Lawry's ~ I don't care if its Dallas, LA or Chicago, OK, maybe I care a little, I do love Chicago.
7) I was lucky enough to go on a cruise with my folks in the 80s on the Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) before it was decommissioned on November 27th 2004, a day that made me actually cry.
8) I grew up with parents that lived by the rule "try it, if you don't like it you never have to eat it again" and to this day I will still love try new foods and am so grateful to them for this philosophy.
9) I have a little love affair with my camera and love photography.
10) I am very blessed to have several best friends that I can spend hours with.

The One Lovely Blog Award rules are:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award.
2. pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers. (I know I only did 5, I am a trouble maker like that)
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.



I would like to do the same thing Beth Ann did because otherwise I will be stressing all day and pass this along to 5 fellow bloggers:
Colleen over at Shibley Smiles
Melissa over at The Mommyhood Chronicles
Katie and Bernie over at the new community We're Not Mommy Blogs
Thank you again to Beth Ann for thinking of me, it was such a lovely surprise today! :-)
C.Q.
The Blog Entourage

12 comments:

  1. Yipee!
    Thank you so much, Michele! I'll be sure to pass these on to some deserving bloggers - right after I display these lovely buttons on my blog.

    It looks as if our roots go back to the same place! I won a 1-year membership to Ancestry.com last fall and have been having a great time finding out where my family is from. It was never something I was interested in (I knew "Northern Ireland" and that was enough) until I started looking into old immigration papers and such. Now I spend at least a couple of hours a week going back in time. I'd love to hit Cork, myself, someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest worry about going to Ireland is it will not live up to whats in my head. Not that thats any reason to not go if I get the chance. :) Congrats again on the store opening!!

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to trace back my family that would be really amazing I should put that on my Christmas list right now for next year lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my membership to ancestory.com, but I started getting quite a ways back and started getting confussed because the immigration records all have wierd spelling since other people wrote the names, it can make it hard and I think I am at the point where I want to get a professional. It sure was a lot of fun though, and pretty easy to get back quite a ways! I even found a cousin that I didn't know about and now I keep in touch with her.

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO MUCH!! That is so nice of you! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I want to visit Ireland so badly. It looks absolutely gorgeous! I have a love affair with my camera too! I need to do one of these. Way too cute of a post. I loved learning about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa you are so welcome, thanks for makeing me smile every weekend!! :) Glad you enjoyed the post, can't wait to read about you if you choose to do the post.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday CQ!!! Hope you had a great lazy day of fun and frolic!

    I love Lawry's too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Birthday wishes Meg, I am a little late getting back to you, sorry. The blog hop is up, come check out your fame. ;)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday and nice to meet you. I came over from Beth Ann... I would have loved to be able to go ona cruise on the Queen Elizabeth. A friend of my grandma's used to go once a year from NY to Hamburg!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susi thank you for stopping over today, I will stop back to visit. :) We took the trans-Atlantic crossing too, it was so amazing! Thank you for the Birthday wishes, have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the awards this week! Ireland is on my list as well! I am stopping by from the Not Mommy hop :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, but due to spamming I have had to turn on the word verification again. Sorry for the extra step.